July 6th – 10th 2020
Organized by University of Szeged (Hungary) with the participation of invited speakers from the member universities of the EUGLOH alliance:
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Germany)
- Lund University (Sweden)
- Universidadedo Porto (Portugal)
- Université Paris-Saclay (France)
WHAT CAN YOU LEARN?
|To educate students for the use of modern information technologies for effective research work and for the dissemination of scientific results from the collected data.|
Overview of the COVID-19 pandemic, with a special focus on the multidisciplinary research activities at the five participating universities covering all parts of Europe.
Participating students are trained by live streaming or video courses in different topics related to the development of transversal skills:
- (Biomedical) data collection, signal processing and analyses
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning in
- Natural language processing
- Biological image analysis
- gene expression analysis
- Image processing applications
- From literature knowledge to mechanistic modelling
- Health data science and management
- Statistical decision making
- Dissemination of scientific results
The school covers global aspects of COVID-19 pandemic, including the medical challenges, models for the virus spread, economic and social consequences:
- Mathematical modelling of the COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 outbreak: similarities and differences with previous
- An economic model of optimal lockdown
- SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19: the past, present, and future
- Epidemiological aspects:
- data collection and interpretation
- Population testing and tracing
- conception and design (illustrated through a current
German Coronavirus study)
WHO IS THE TARGET AUDIENCE?
master and PhD students from all faculties of the partner universities
of the EUGLOH alliance (University of Szeged, Université Paris-Saclay,
Lund University, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Universidade do
Porto). No special background knowledge is required. School is also
open for junior and senior scientists of the participating universities.
WHAT PEDAGOGICAL METHODS/TOOLS ARE APPLIED?
Lectures by online video streaming, interactive communication tools, teamwork, networking.
HOW ATTENDENCE IS AWARDED?
EUGLOH Certificate and 4 ECTS will be provided for the students attending the school.
WHERE ARE THE LECTURERS FROM?
University of Szeged and partner institutions:
- Bolyai Institute, Coronavirus Team
- Department of Image Processing and Computer Graphics
- Department of Informatics, Natural Language Processing group
- Department of Technical Informatics
- Institute of Finance and International Economic Relations
- Biological Research Centre
- Institute of Biochemistry
- Laboratory of Microscopic Image Analysis and Machine Learning
- Institute of Biochemistry, Synthetic and Systems Biology Unit
- Hungarian Centre of Excellence for Molecular Medicine
- Extreme Light Infrastructure – Attosecond Light Pulse Source (ELI-ALPS)
- Centre for International Health
- Systems Virology Group, Department of Translational Medicine
- Laboratory for CNS Disease Modeling
University of Porto
- Computer Sciences Department
- Community Medicine, Information and Health Decision Sciences
- Institute of Public Health and National Health Council
- Research Center in Public Health
- Maison des Sciences de l’Homme
WHERE CAN YOU GET INFORMATION?
General information: email@example.com
Academic program: Prof. Ferenc Peták, Department of Medical Physics and Informatics, University of Szeged (EUGLOH, academic leader of Work Package for Research and Innovation), firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative support: Eszter Sasi-Pokriva, email@example.com
Click here to sign up!
Registration deadline: June 15, 2020.