Université Paris-Saclay (France), Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Germany), Lund University (Sweden), University of Porto (Portugal) and University of Szeged (Hungary) have created a pilot European University called “European University Alliance for Global Health”, inspired by European values and committed to education for global challenges of health and well-being.
Coordinated by Université Paris-Saclay with the active involvement of all its member institutions, the project has been selected for the first European Universities call for proposals launched by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus+ programme.
The European alliance EUGLOH focuses on a unifying and transdisciplinary topic, global health, in order to deal with major societal challenges. The five universities thus aim to combine their expertise and resources to offer the best education to their students thanks to the excellence of their programmes and their cutting-edge research and equipment.
The objectives of this European University:
- Train students on European values and citizenship, and at the same time on the emerging research areas linked to interdisciplinary societal challenges, and on transverse skills required for professional activities;
- Create an integrated multicultural campus to increase students’ employability, mobility and adaptability to future challenges;
- Build the European University of the future: innovative, interdisciplinary, inclusive and integrated in local research and innovation ecosystems.
Facts and Figures about EUGLOH
- 30 ASSOCIATES, including 6 companies,
- 11 research centres and 4 large-scale infrastructures,
- 5 clusters/public-private partnerships,
- 1 TTO,
- 2 regional authorities,
- 1 NGO/association
- 210,000 students (including PhD students)
- 23,000 academic staff/researchers
- 73 faculties and 5 schools (including 7 faculties of medicine/health, 4 of pharmacy, 18 related to natural sciences, engineering and technologies, 2 of sports sciences, etc.)
- 450 research institutes, centres and laboratories
- WP1 – Management of the project – led by Université Paris-Saclay
- WP2 – Joint curricula design – led by Lund University
- WP3 – Research & Innovation – led by the University of Szeged
- WP4 – Professional and personal development & employability – led by the University of Porto
- WP5 – Alliance campus life – led by Université Paris-Saclay
- WP6 – Sustainability and dissemination – led by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München